As the year comes to a close, I thought I would share the top 11 posts here at Contagions for this past year. I’m excluding round-ups and the educational chain of infection posts. These chain of infection posts account for over a third of all page views on this blog over the year and all time! So without further ado, here are the top 11 regular posts based on page view stats as of December 29, 2011.
- Pandemic Influenza: 1510-2010
- Beyond Pelusium
- Did India and China Escape the Black Death?
- Vampire Prevention in Eighth Century Ireland
- Rinderpest, Measles and Medieval Emerging Infectious Diseases
- The Vampire in the Plague Pit
- Hunting Pathogens in the Siberian Permafrost
- Plague in 18th century Egypt
- DNA of the Black Death at East Smithfield, London
- Plague DNA from Late Antique Bavaria
- Epidemiology of the Russian Flu, 1889-1890
Happy New Year!!